State Bank Anywhere Personal - Frequently Asked Questions
1.What is State Bank Anywhere Personal?
It is State Bank of India Retail banking application offered on Mobile. All the existing Anywhere, Freedom app users and Internet banking users can use this application. The application is available at Google Play store, Apple App store for Android, Windows and Apple smartphones. SBI Retail Internet Banking Users can download the application from respective application market places and access the application with his/her internet banking username and password.
The following s can be seamlessly experienced using the application:
|Financial Transactions||Non-financial transactions|
|Fund Transfer to accounts in SBI and other Banks to registered beneficiaries||Manage Debit Cards Access and Transaction Limits|
|Credit Card ( VISA ) transfer||ATM cum Debit Card hot listing|
|RTGS Funds transfer||m-Passbook|
|Quick Transfer using IMPS for unregistered beneficiaries||Cheque Book Request|
|mCash Facility||Online Nomination|
|Instant Opening and Closure of Term and Recurring Deposits||Locker Availability Enquiry|
|IMPS Funds Transfer||Aadhaar Linking|
|Mobile Top -Up and DTH Recharge||TDS Enquiry|
|Post-paid bill payment||Call Us|
|Bill Pay for registered billers||State Bank Collect|
|Voice Assisted Banking||SB Buddy|
2. What are the key benefits of this ?
It helps customers to conduct banking transactions 24x7 at his/her convenience from any place (Anywhere Banking) just by the use of a mobile phone.
3. Who can apply for this ? How do I register for the mobile banking s?
This is available to all SBI customers having an operative savings bank or current account
4. What are the accounts that can be linked for Mobile Banking s? I have accounts in different branches. How do I register for mobile banking s for all these accounts?
All the accounts linked to the CIF number will be automatically linked.
5. Is this available 24x7?
Yes, this is available round the clock.
6. Is there a limit on the size of payment I can make?
Yes. Following are the transaction limits for the respective mode of transaction:
|Transaction||Per day Limit (in Rs.)||Overall Daily Limit (in Rs.)||EasyPIN overall category limit||EasyPIN Limits (Individual overall daily limits)||Charges (in Rs.)|
|Transfer within Self Accounts||2,00,00,000||2,00,00,000||1,00,000||1,00,000||Nil|
|Fixed / Recurring Deposit||99,99,999||1,00,000||Nil|
|Third Party Transfer within SBI||10,00,000||10,00,000||1,00,000||1,00,000||Nil|
|Interbank Transfer - NEFT||10,00,000||1,00,000||Nil|
|Interbank Transfer - RTGS||10,00,000||Not Applicable as Minimum amount is 2,00,000.||Nil|
|IMPS||Per Txn Limit 2,00,000||Overall Daily Limit 2,00,000||1,00,000||Nil|
|Quick Transfer||Per Txn Limit 10,000
Per Day Limit 25,000
|Per Txn Limit 10,000
Per Day Limit 25,000
|Credit Card VISATransfer||1,00,000||1,00,000||Rs.15 Per transaction +Tax|
|mCash||1,101 - Per Transaction
2,202 - Per Day
5,101 - Per Month
|1,101 - Per Transaction
2,202 - Per Day
5,101 - Per Month
|Rs. 2.50 Per transaction +Tax|
|UPI||Daily transaction limit of Rs 1,00,000
||Daily transaction limit of Rs 1,00,000
|Merchant and Bill Payment||Bill Payments||5,00,000||5,00,000||1,00,000||1,00,000||Nil|
|Mobile Top Up||Per Txn Limit 10,000||Overall Daily Limit 50,000||Per Txn Limit 10000 - Overall
daily limit 50000
|Top up of Buddy||Overall daily limit 50000||Nil|
|SB Prepaid Cards||50,000||50,000||Nil|
|Postpaid bill payment||50,000||50,000||Nil|
|IMPS Merchant Payments||Overall Daily Limit 1,00,000||Nil||Nil|
|SBI Life Premium||50,000||50,000||Nil|
|Transaction Limit for a newly added Beneficiary (First 4 days)||1,00,000||1,00,000||1,00,000||1,00,000|
|Transaction||Individual Trans Limit||Total Limit||Easy PIN Limit overall limit||Easy PIN Limit transaction limit|
|e-RD, eTDR, eSTDR|
|IMPS - P2A|
|IMPS - P2P|
7. Is this available overseas?
Yes. It is available to domestic Internet Banking customers. One time activation password will be sent to registered mobile number with Bank.
8. Do I need to register with a specific provider to avail this ?
This facility is available across all providers.
9. Will there be more s available in mobile banking in the future?
Yes, the future s would involve more m-Commerce transactions like purchase of movie tickets, air/train tickets, etc.
10. How does Mobile Banking s work?
The Mobile Banking s works Through Smartphone application for customers having any mobile with data (GPRS) connectivity. This is also menu driven.
11. Are the transactions done on mobile phone secure?
All messages originating from your mobile phone are encrypted and travel to our Mobile Banking Server in secured mode.
12. Can I access Mobile Banking if I have not registered for Net Banking?
Yes. Kindly refer registration process.
13. How do I know whether my mobile phone has the necessary requirements for SBI Mobile Banking?
For using the Application Based mobile banking s, you need to have Smartphone with 4G/3G/2G.
14. How much memory space is required to install the mobile banking application?
16-19 MB of free memory space is required to install State Bank Anywhere Smartphone application (android, iOS, Windows).
15. How do I setup GPRS for the first time?
Please follow instructions provided by your Mobile provider.
16. Why am I taken to the Register menu on first use?
First time users have to complete the registration process through “Register” option on home page. You will get a message that mobile banking has been enabled over GPRS and your account is activated for mobile banking .
17. What is user name?
User name is a unique identification factor consisting of minimum 8 alphanumeric characters. Customer can choose the username during registration but cannot modify it later.
18. I have an Android phone. How do I download the application in the android based mobile handset?
For downloading the application on the android based handset, please follow the steps:
- Click on the icon name "Play Store" on the mobile Select the Search Google Play option.
- Type "State Bank Anywhere" and click on go Search option will display the application named with State Bank Anywhere Personal.
- Select the application.
- Click on "install" On installation, SBI Anywhere Personal Application will appear as icon your mobile screen.
- Click on the icon "SBI Anywhere Personal" to open the application.
19. I have an iPhone. How do I download the application in the iOS mobile handset?
For downloading the application on the iOS handset, please follow the steps:
- From the Home screen, tap App Store on the mobile Select the Search option.
- Type "State Bank Anywhere" and click on go Search option will display the application named with State Bank Anywhere.
- Select the application.
- Click on "install" On installation, State Bank Anywhere Application will appear as icon your mobile screen.
- Click on the icon" State Bank Anywhere" to open the application.
20. I have a Windows phone. How do I download the application in the android based mobile handset?
For downloading the application on the Windows phone, please follow the steps:
- In the Windows Phone App list, tap Store. If prompted, sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Tap Search. In Windows Store search Type "State Bank Anywhere" and Search option will display the application named with State Bank Anywhere.
- Tap the application to select. Once you've tapped the app or game, on Overview, pan down to see screenshots. Tap Install to download it.
- Look in the App list for new app State Bank Anywhere.
21. How do I know that no unauthorized payments are made using State Bank Anywhere?
With State Bank Anywhere you initiate and authorize each and every payment that is made from your account. If you share your phone with another person, make sure you exit from the State Bank Anywhere application on your mobile phone. Also do NOT share your User name / password with anyone.
22. I have changed my SIM. Can I continue to use the same handset for mobile banking s?
Yes, first register your mobile number with Branch and you can change the mobile phone number post login through 'Profile Settings' and choose 'Change Mobile Number'. Enter your new mobile number and reenter to confirm, click on Change. You will receive a confirmation message on your old Mobile number and after that use this only with the new SIM.
23. What if I change to a new mobile phone?
24. Can I access from multiple mobile phones or only one mobile phone?
No, it is mobile bound. You can only access in the device in which you are registered.
25. What are the requirements for accessing State Bank Anywhere?
- A smart phone with Android (OS 2.3 or above) and/or Apple (with IOS 4.1 or above) and/or and Windows (OS 8.1 or above)
- Internet connectivity like GPRS/EDGE/3G/Wi-Fi.
- SBI Debit card or Internet Banking User Name and Password.
TROUBLESHOOTING & TECHNICAL SUPPORT
26. What happens if my phone gets hung when I am in the midst of a transaction?
Switch off the mobile and switch it on. Log in to the application using your User ID.
27. What happens if my phone gets switched off during a transaction?
Switch on the phone and start using the application from the beginning.
28. I am not getting a response when I click on the application icon on my handset. What do I do?
The application requires a free memory space of 40MB. Please ensure that free memory is available in your handset before you download the application.
29. Is this available in other languages?
Currently the is available in English and Hindi. Change Language option may be used to switch language.
30. How do I log out of the application?
You can log out of the application by choosing Logout icon from the top right corner otherwise by clicking back button from Home page.
31. I want to download the application afresh. Do I need to remove the current mobile application that is running on my mobile phone?
You may uninstall the existing application and download smartphone applications only from respective App Stores.
32. Can I avail of this from outside my city of registration/telecom circle?
If you have national roaming facility from the Cellular Provider, you can avail this from anywhere in India for SMS and GPRS based Mobile Banking. However, if you are traveling overseas, this will be available only if you have international roaming. However, please check the SMS charges in such cases.
33. What precautions do I need to take for accessing Mobile Banking?
Please note the following:
- After receiving the SMS with User ID and default password,immediately log on to Mobile Banking and change your default password
- Please don't disclose your User ID and Password to anyone.
- Please change your Password at regular intervals
- Please don't use obvious passwords (like name, date of birth, etc.).
34. I have a Dual SIM phone. Whenever, I try to login to State Bank Anywhere, I get an error “Unable to connect…Please check your device network connectivity...” what should I do?
Kindly ensure you have a working network connectivity in either of the dual SIMs.
Ensure that your primary SIM (1st SIM) is enabled for network connectivity (2G or 3G). In case, it is not, kindly swap the SIMs and try logging into the application.
35. My application gives an error “Invalid Username and Password” what should I do?
- Ensure you have an active SBI retail Internet banking username/User ID and password.
- The application is currently available for State Bank of India retail internet banking customers only.
36. What action should I take when the Application Unable to download. With the Error – 491?
- Kindly Go to Settings on your phone >> Accounts.
- Delete the Google Account.
- Restart your device.
- Add the Google Account back.
After successful completion of the above, launch the application again and login.
Please post feedback, Suggestion and queries on application pages of the application stores at the feedback section. This will to enable us to improve the .